Halloweentown is REAL!


Back in 1998, a wonderful little movie called Halloweentown was released on the Disney Channel. A DCOM if you will (Disney Channel Original Movie) and it has sense spawned 3 more movies (though I don't like to count the 4th due to the fact that Disney decided to replace the main actress for no good reason, thus ruining the feel of the films) AND a new cult movie for generations to come.




Halloweentown introduced us to the Piper family with Marnie Piper being the central character, a
teen coming into her own and discovering she was a witch. She lived with her mother, a woman who didn't want to celebrate her witchy heritage, her little sister (who frankly seemed a more powerful witch than Marnie did, and her brother Dylan, a skeptic who found he also had magical powers. They are visited by grandmother Aggie played by Hollywood legend Debbie Reynolds and the adventure ensues as the kids follow their grandmother back to her secret home of

Halloweentown was this magical town located in another rhealm where all monsters could live in peace away from humans and any kid watching that movie wanted to visit.

And luckily, anyone can!

The first movie, Halloweentown, was filmed in St. Helens, Oregon and every year the town goes all out and decorates their square in the full fashion of the film. This year, after a BuzzFeed article was released I hear, the event has since gained quite a following and St. Helens has got a full calander of activities all month long. 

I will personally be traveling out there Halloween Day as I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Halloween. I actually happened upon St Helens a few years ago while looking for Twilight filming locations. I realized the square seemed a bit familiar and discovered I'd found myself in Halloweentown. Very exciting. So of course, I had to go back for Halloween!






The actress who played Marnie Piper, Kimberly J Brown, will be appearing as Master of Ceremonies for the lighting of the big jack-o-lantern on October 10th. I had already, unfortuanately booked my October 29th flight before this announcement was made, but I think it's just great that she's participating.

 
Here's the film!

 


Comments