Ways to keep your summer spooky!

It's the first day of summer!

Look, I know that Fall is most all of our favorite season, but the weather by me in the Midwest has been nothing but cold and rainy and yucky, so I can't help but hope for wonderfully sunny and warm weather for awhile. And let's be honest, once Fall is over, it's back to Wintery ick, SO....let us CELEBRATE this first day of SUMMER!

And you're here at SpookySprinkles, you're of spooky spirit and mind, how could we possibly be spooky in the Summer without sweaters and hoodies and hot cider?

I've recently blogged and talked about all of the Stranger Things promotions going on to celebrate the July 4th premiere of season 3, so if you're a Stranger Things fan, that should totally help with ice creams and cold 80's style cokes, but what are you going to do once you've binged that season? Check out the pool? Read a book on your favorite lawn-chair? Run under a sprinkler?

Well I did some searching around the web and found a bunch of items to help keep your spooky self afloat while at the beach or simply hangin' outside in your backyard.

Let's start with some swimsuits! Sour Puss Clothing has Spooky Tropical, Coffin, Skulls, Monsters and even Hearse printed swimsuits all found at SourPussClothing.com. I even discovered a super cute batty coverup.





And check out these sweet beach towels at Kreepsville666.com 
I keep eyeing that Goosebumps towel.










The Summer of Stranger Things Collection at H&M has sunglasses, swimsuits for men and women, a beach towel, flip flops, a visor, the list goes on....



The cool TropiGoth collection at Black Mast.




This beauty of a demogorgon sprinkler and don't forget to check out the other Stranger Things pool toys I talked about a couple of weeks ago on the blog.

Oriental Trading has drink coolers, ring toss, beach balls and drink coozies!

This adorable cauldron cup with lid and straw to carry around and keep your drinks cool.



Hang some spooky tiki art like these prints by Doug Horne. My favorite is the Invisible Man

This Spookshow Umbrella or Spiderweb parasol from The Oblong Box Shop. I would spend more time on the site as they're also great for other spooky items, and even specialize in spooky tiki!







The Universal Monsters Tiki collection from Beeline Creative for all of your summery drink needs. They also have a Beetlejuice mug. I personally own Dracula :)
**side note, I spoke with the creator of Beeline, Brandon Giraldez, at this year's Star Wars Celebration and told him I loved the Monsters line...he told me more were in the works! I'm hoping for an Invisible Man 


And looking at that tiki photo, we mustn't forget that the monster of summer is obviously The Creature from the Black Lagoon! Check out these great creature of summer items!

This sweet Creature bowler bag from Rock Rebel Shop! Need!


Looking for a new book to put on your summer reading list? What about  "The Lady From The Black Lagoon"? The book tells the story of the woman who created the look for the creature in the original Universal film. I haven't read it myself yet, but I'm definitely intrigued.

The fun collection from The Black Lagoon Room 






Hopefully something in this post catches your eye and makes you smile for summer!

Stay spooky

Comments